Create web forms and calculators for ASP.NET from Excel
Create calculating and good-looking web pages and web forms in minutes using Microsoft Excel. Convert to ASP.NET or classic ASP format with SpreadsheetConverter. Receive submitted forms directly in your Inbox.
Let a business expert create a calculator or web form as an Excel spreadsheet including all necessary formulas. Then let SpreadsheetConverter generate the ASPX- or classic ASP-page. When a field on the page is changed, all other fields are automatically recalculated, just like in Excel.
Either use the page as it is or open it in Visual Studio for further processing. You can add back-end integration, for example for saving and restoring values to a database.
While the user moves on to edit the next field in the form, the server dynamically instructs the browser to update any fields or charts that were affected by the previous data entry. This enables the browser to provide automatic background recalculation, while still fully exploiting the remote ASP.NET server.
It's so easy, you can do it yourself!
SpreadsheetConverter ASP.NET lets you connect your website to internal IT resources behind the firewall. Visualize complex information in attractive charts. Build a calculator that fetches daily interest rates from a database. Collect external data from web forms and store it in a secure database.
A time-saving calculator makes your web site stand out from the competition. It's so easy to put any existing form or calculator on the web: expense reports, surveys, quote generators, order forms, reservation forms, employment applications, financial calculators, engineering tools - the list is endless.
We're not only talking simple add-subtract-multiply-type spreadsheets here, we're talking
- all the graphical user interface widgets you could ask for
- live charts that automatically update when values are changed
- multi-choice options like dropdown lists and radio buttons
- step-by-step wizards for complex forms
- smart table lookup, complex data validation, interactive menus
The free form-to-Inbox service requires no installation, no programming skills and no configuration. Once you upload your first web form to your server, submitted forms start arriving at your Inbox. You are up and running within minutes. For a small monthly fee, we store submitted forms in a database for you until you visit our server to pick them up.
Example: Simple home loan calculator with slider and live chart
Features and benefits
SpreadsheetConverter is the perfect tool for creating calculating web forms and web pages that attract attention.
- It's easy even for non-programmers: SpreadsheetConverter turns your business users' Microsoft Excel spreadsheets into scalable ASP.NET or classic ASP applications.
- The formulas are protected: All calculations are done on the server, so your formulas are invisible to the user.
- It's so easy to change: Just change the spreadsheet and re-run the conversion, and you can open the resulting ASP.NET file directly.
- Everything is live and interacting with your visitors: The calculator or form updates dynamically when values are changed. Even the charts are live! Use calendars to select dates, stars to set ratings and sliders to vary data in real-time. Create forms with dropdown menus, checkboxes, radio buttons, large text fields, list boxes in a breeze. Design step-by-step wizards for complex forms.
- It looks so good on the web: Normally, it takes a lot of time to make a web page look this well-designed. With Excel you just format the page the way you like. SpreadsheetConverter creates a web page that looks the same: borders, colors, fonts, checkboxes, dropdown lists etc work as they should, and numbers are formatted on the fly with decimals, thousand separators and currency symbols. Play with new layouts inside Excel before you convert them to web format, which saves lots of time (besides being lots of fun).
- Automatic form-to-Inbox delivery: When users submit completed forms, SpreadsheetConverter delivers them directly to your e-mail Inbox. For a small fee, forms can be saved in a database for later retrieval, thanks to a hosted service that requires no local installation or server.
- It's so easy to change: Business rules frequently change, e.g. new prices, new discount options, new regulations etc. With hand-crafted web pages it's hard to keep up with the frequent changes. With SpreadsheetConverter, you just change the spreadsheet, and regenerate the web page.
- You get the source code: The ASP.NET server code is nicely formatted and completely self-contained. There are no library files or other external requirements.
- Integrate it with your own design: Use the web page as it is or open it in Visual Studio for further processing. You can add back-end integration, for example for saving and restoring values to a database. The ASP.NET-page can either be standalone or part of a larger application.
- There are no errors: The calculator doesn't need any testing, since thousands of users already have tested our calculation engine.
- It's cost-effective: You need the SpreadsheetConverter program only when you perform the actual conversion from spreadsheet to web page format. You need one license for each PC on which you install the program to perform such conversions.
- Excel isn't needed: Once the web page is created, Excel is not required. Your web server doesn't need Excel, and your users don't need Excel. Even if Excel is all around, not all employees have it, and private persons seldom have it.
- It's free to distribute: With the Professional Edition, you can make the calculator part of a product that you sell.
- You take no risk: Every purchase comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and six months of free e-mail support.
With the ASP.NET version of SpreadsheetConverter, a portion of the web page resides on a Windows server behind the corporate firewall. This makes it much easier to fetch data from a secure database, e.g. the current interest rate, or interact with other server applications. All the sensitive formulas and business rules in the spreadsheet are also inaccessible behind the firewall.
All calculations are performed securely on the server by separate ASP.NET or classic ASP modules, freeing the browser from the workload required to do all the computations. This enables the browser to handle complex user interface logic even for very large web pages.
To maintain rapid response times, SpreadsheetConverter uses state-of-the-art Ajax technology to recalculate only the cells affected by each change. The spreadsheet is then silently updated while the user moves on to another cell.
Fast calculation with prefabricated components
Creating a calculating web page like an expense report or order form online can be very difficult. Programming, testing and debugging takes a lot of time even for a specialist. Most online calculators do all their calculation on the web server, which can make the web page slow because of all the network communication with the server.
With SpreadsheetConverter, all your spreadsheet formulas are automatically converted into program code by SpreadsheetConverter, using prefabricated components that have been meticulously tested. The conversion to web format retains the interactivity that is typical of a spreadsheet, and the entire visual layout is carried over to the web page.
SpreadsheetConverter can also generate HTML5 web applications for iPhone and Android smartphones. This makes it easy to collect data with mobile devices, select or configure products or do spreadsheet calculations in a smartphone.
For developers, there are special server products that also can generate program code for ASP.NET and classic ASP web servers. This makes it much easier to add back-end integration, for example for saving and restoring values to a database. Communication with the server is minimal and the web calculator updates itself quietly in the background while the user is busy entering data into another cell.
The new version 6 provides a new user interface that lets you work faster and more reliably. Power users move ahead up to four times faster, while new users get much more help and overview. You can use two or more flavors of the product simultaneously, and publish your results directly on the Internet on a free web server.
We guarantee top-notch support. Technically competent support engineers are here to answer your e-mails. They are all programmers and web developers. You should get answers by the next business day, often within the hour. Free e-mail support for six months is included with every purchase.
We first released SpreadsheetConverter in 2002, and have added more and more value to the product in many releases since then. Our update policy gives you free updates within the same major version, e.g. if you have a version 5 license you get all version 5.x updates for free.
If you buy a license, and we release a new version within six months, you get a complimentary upgrade to the new version free-of-charge.
Low cost, no risk
The Standard edition of SpreadsheetConverter to ASP.NET costs $187. The Professional Edition lets you create web pages for clients, supports more functions and more chart types, and costs $357.
If your personnel costs are $70/hour, using SpreadsheetConverter once for a single spreadsheet is enough to motivate the purchase.
SpreadsheetConverter is easy to use. You will be creating your first web form within minutes. No time-consuming training is necessary.There is no risk, you're safely protected by our 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, just send us an e-mail, and we will cancel your purchase and refund the money.
Let us convert a spreadsheet for you, right now!
If you would like to evaluate the product before purchase, you should consider our free demonstration service instead.
The best way for us to demonstrate the power and flexibility of SpreadsheetConverter is to take one of your own spreadsheets and convert it into a web page. We'll be happy to do it for you, for free. Just e-mail us one of your own spreadsheets, right now, and we'll send it back as a web page.
If you like the result, you can download the program and try it for yourself as the second step in your evaluation process. By then, you know that you'll like what you get!
Download and try the program for free for 30 daysDownload the trial version and try it for free for 30 days. At that point, you still enjoy a 30-day full no-questions-asked refund, so in total you can test the software for 60 days.
- Creating pages for ASP.NET requires the Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) with the .NET framework installed.
- To create classic ASP pages, you must have IIS version 3 or later, which is included in Windows NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server and later versions.
For an overview of the various flavors of SpreadsheetConverter and their technical requirements, please study the product comparison chart.