Excel user who wants to create online calculators
Providing a smart calculator on your website makes people come back. Design your online calculator in Microsoft Excel, then convert it into a calculating and interactive web page that can be published on any website.
Help your visitors do a better job, and they will return to your site for more. At last you can create online calculators for your website without the help of a programmer. All you need is Microsoft Excel.
- Price calculators: Help your customers get the total price including options, maintenance etc.
- Financial calculators: mortgage calculators, lease calculation.
- Calculators for government and counties: tax calculation, social benefits, payroll calculation.
- ROI: Calculate return on investment to better show the benefits of your product.
- Technical and engineering calculators, for example dimensioning tools, HVAC calculations, load calculation, torque calculation.
- Health calculators: body mass index, calorie calculator, body fat calculation.
Online calculators boost sales
Online calculators turn passive browsers into active visitors. If you make them start using your price calculator for a quote, or to check how much they can save by changing a mortgage, research shows a drastic increase in sales.
An online calculator is also valuable on websites that don't sell anything. If you can supply an online calculator that solves problems that your visitors have, they will come back, and they will tell friends and colleagues about your site.
A time-saving calculator makes your web site stand out from the competition. It's so easy to put any existing form or calculator on the web: expense reports, surveys, quote generators, order forms, reservation forms, employment applications, financial calculators, engineering tools - the list is endless.
We're not only talking simple add-subtract-multiply-type spreadsheets here, we're talking
- all the graphical user interface widgets you could ask for
- live charts that automatically update when values are changed
- multi-choice options like dropdown lists and radio buttons
- step-by-step wizards for complex forms
- smart table lookup, complex data validation, interactive menus
The free form-to-Inbox service requires no installation, no programming skills and no configuration. Once you upload your first web form to your server, submitted forms start arriving at your Inbox. You are up and running within minutes. For a small monthly fee, we store submitted forms in a database for you until you visit our server to pick them up.
Example: Simple home loan calculator with slider and live chart
Features and benefits
SpreadsheetConverter is the perfect tool for creating calculating web forms and web pages that attract attention.
- Instantaneous response: All calculations and validations are done immediately when the user enters new data. Everything is done in the browser. No communication with the web server.
- Everything is live and interacting with your visitors: The calculator or form updates dynamically when values are changed. Even the charts are live! Use calendars to select dates, stars to set ratings and sliders to vary data in real-time. Create forms with dropdown menus, checkboxes, radio buttons, large text fields, list boxes in a breeze. Design step-by-step wizards for complex forms.
- It looks so good on the web: Normally, it takes a lot of time to make a web page look this well-designed. With Excel you just format the page the way you like. SpreadsheetConverter creates a web page that looks the same: borders, colors, fonts, checkboxes, dropdown lists etc work as they should, and numbers are formatted on the fly with decimals, thousand separators and currency symbols. Play with new layouts inside Excel before you convert them to web format, which saves lots of time (besides being lots of fun).
- Automatic form-to-Inbox delivery: When users submit completed forms, SpreadsheetConverter delivers them directly to your e-mail Inbox. For a small fee, forms can be saved in a database for later retrieval, thanks to a hosted service that requires no local installation or server.
- It's so easy to change: Business rules frequently change, e.g. new prices, new discount options, new regulations etc. With hand-crafted web pages it's hard to keep up with the frequent changes. With SpreadsheetConverter, you just change the spreadsheet, and regenerate the web page.
- Scalable: Once the web page is downloaded into the visitor's web browser, no resources are needed on the web server. So if your current website can handle 1,000 simultaneous visitors, a calculator you create with SpreadsheetConverter can be used by 1,000 simultaneous visitors.
- There are no errors: The calculator doesn't need any testing, since thousands of users already have tested our calculation engine.
- It's cost-effective: You need the SpreadsheetConverter program only when you perform the actual conversion from spreadsheet to web page format. You need one license for each PC on which you install the program to perform such conversions.
- Excel isn't needed: Once the web page is created, Excel is not required. Your web server doesn't need Excel, and your users don't need Excel. Even if Excel is all around, not all employees have it, and private persons seldom have it.
- It's free to distribute: With the Professional Edition, you can make the calculator part of a product that you sell.
- You take no risk: Every purchase comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and six months of free e-mail support.
SpreadsheetConverter is a unique product
Only SpreadsheetConverter has royalty-free distribution. No extra per-server fees.
Fast calculation with prefabricated components
Creating a calculating web page like an expense report or order form online can be very difficult. Programming, testing and debugging takes a lot of time even for a specialist. Most online calculators do all their calculation on the web server, which can make the web page slow because of all the network communication with the server.
With SpreadsheetConverter, all your spreadsheet formulas are automatically converted into program code by SpreadsheetConverter, using prefabricated components that have been meticulously tested. The conversion to web format retains the interactivity that is typical of a spreadsheet, and the entire visual layout is carried over to the web page.
SpreadsheetConverter can also generate HTML5 web applications for iPhone and Android smartphones. This makes it easy to collect data with mobile devices, select or configure products or do spreadsheet calculations in a smartphone.
For developers, there are special server products that also can generate program code for ASP.NET and classic ASP web servers. This makes it much easier to add back-end integration, for example for saving and restoring values to a database. Communication with the server is minimal and the web calculator updates itself quietly in the background while the user is busy entering data into another cell.
The new version 6 provides a new user interface that lets you work faster and more reliably. Power users move ahead up to four times faster, while new users get much more help and overview. You can use two or more flavors of the product simultaneously, and publish your results directly on the Internet on a free web server.
We guarantee the best support. 6 months of e-mail support is included in the price for all products. We promise answers by the next business day, but within an hour is our goal.
We first released SpreadsheetConverter in 2002, and have added more and more value to the product in many releases since then. Our update policy gives you free updates within the same major version, e.g. if you have a version 5 license you get all version 5.x updates for free.
If you buy a license, and we release a new version within six months, you get a complimentary upgrade to the new version free-of-charge.
Low cost, no risk
The Standard edition of SpreadsheetConverter to HTML costs $127. The Professional Edition lets you create web pages for clients, supports more functions and more chart types, and costs $247.
If your personnel costs are $70/hour, using SpreadsheetConverter once for a single spreadsheet is enough to motivate the purchase.
SpreadsheetConverter is easy to use. You will be creating your first web form within minutes. No time-consuming training is necessary.There is no risk, you're safely protected by our 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, just send us an e-mail, and we will cancel your purchase and refund the money.
Let us convert a spreadsheet for you, right now!
Let us convert one of your Excel spreadsheets to a live web form or calculating web page. Just e-mail us one of your spreadsheets now and we'll do it for you. It's so simple, we'll even do it for free! Once you see the impressive result, you'll want to download the program and try for yourself.
Download and try the program for free for 30 days
No license is needed to test the program, just download the trial version and install it on your computer. We recommend that you start with SpreadsheetConverter to HTML. If you buy a license for one flavor and later want to upgrade to a more advanced flavor, you only pay the price difference.
SpreadsheetConverter normally doesn't require anything that you or your users don't have. It works with Excel 2000 or later, running in Windows 2000 or later.
For an overview of the various flavors of SpreadsheetConverter and their technical requirements, please study the product comparison chart.