Open a Dropbox account
This tutorial describes how you open an account at Dropbox.com.
Below are the steps required to open a Dropbox account. Note that this will require you to approve a license agreement and install the Dropbox application in your PC.
- Point your web browser to Dropbox.com.
- Click on Sign in in the upper right-hand corner, then click on Create an account.
- Complete the registration form. As always, use a different password for every web service you sign up for, and change all passwords regularly.
- Make a note of the e-mail address and password you selected for Dropbox. Press Create account.
- Dropbox automatically attempts to download the Dropbox application. Follow the instructions on the screen to download and install Dropbox. During the installation, select I already have a Dropbox account. Click Next.
- To enable the Dropbox application to log in to your Dropbox account, enter the e-mail address and password you selected during registration. Click Next.
- As you can see, you get a lot of storage space for free from Dropbox. You can add extra space now or later. Click Next.
- Select a “Typical” setup. Click Install.
- Take the short tour of Dropbox provided by the installation program.
- Click Finish to finish the installation.
The Dropbox program is now installed in your computer, and will start automatically with Windows. The files you place in your Dropbox are stored on cloud servers on the Internet.