Install the WordPress plugin to import spreadsheets
Here are the instructions on how to install the WordPress Plugin to Import Spreadsheets from Microsoft Excel.
Before you attempt to install the WordPress plugin, please read the Requirements section below.
- You need a Professional Edition license for SpreadsheetConverter version 9. The plugin does not import unconverted spreadsheets.
- You need to have your own WordPress server to install plugins. It is not possible to install plugins on WordPress.com or other shared WordPress servers.
- You must have the permission to upload, install, activate and edit plugins in WordPress. This usually means that you are a WordPress Administrator. If you’re not, you will need one to help you. Unfortunately we are unable to support you with basic WordPress issues.
- The plugin requires that the ZipArchive extension for PHP is installed and enabled.
- The plugin requires version 4.5 or later of WordPress. For security reasons, WordPress should always be updated to the latest stable version.
Download the plugin file from our server
Download the plugin from the Download page. Remember the location where you save the installation file because you will use it in the next step.
Upload the plugin file to your WordPress server
Login to the WordPress administration page for your server.
- Click on Plugins in the left-hand menu. If you cannot find this in the menu, contact your WordPress administrator.
- Click on Add New.
- Click on Upload Plugin on the Add Plugin page.
Click on Choose File on the Add Plugin page.
In the File Explorer window,
- Select the plugin zip file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Click Open.
Click on Install Now on the Add Plugin page.
Locate the new plugin in the list of installed plugins and click on Activate Plugin.
The plugin is now installed and active.
You should now see a new menu option Upload SSC Calculator in the left-hand menu. This is where you start when you want to upload a converted calculator to WordPress.
Unfortunately, we are unable to support you in normal day-to-day WordPress activities. If you have problems installing the plugin, begin by contacting your local WordPress Administrator or webmaster. If they find any errors in our plugin, they are welcome to contact our Help Desk.