Convert spreadsheets into fast Java code
Java developers use SpreadsheetConverter to speed up software development. SpreadsheetConverter converts Microsoft Excel spreadsheets into accelerated and compact Java-programs. It can convert your spreadsheet into a Java class that calculates just as the spreadsheet.
Need a website calculator, or an intelligent form, written in Java? No problem. Let a domain expert implement the calculations in Excel and test the calculator for all possible business cases.
Then, let SpreadsheetConverter convert the spreadsheet into a complete JSP page with a separate JavaBean. All formulas and calculations have been thoroughly tested by thousands of other users. If the spreadsheet works, your web page works.
SpreadsheetConverter produces better quality code at a lower cost.
It's so easy, you can do it yourself!
SpreadsheetConverter Java lets you connect your website to internal IT resources behind the firewall. Visualize complex information in attractive charts. Build a calculator that fetches daily interest rates from a database. Collect external data from web forms and store it in a secure database.
A time-saving calculator makes your web site stand out from the competition. It's so easy to put any existing form or calculator on the web: expense reports, surveys, quote generators, order forms, reservation forms, employment applications, financial calculators, engineering tools - the list is endless.
We're not only talking simple add-subtract-multiply-type spreadsheets here, we're talking
- all the graphical user interface widgets you could ask for
- live charts that automatically update when values are changed
- multi-choice options like dropdown lists and radio buttons
- step-by-step wizards for complex forms
- smart table lookup, complex data validation, interactive menus
The free form-to-Inbox service requires no installation, no programming skills and no configuration. Once you upload your first web form to your server, submitted forms start arriving at your Inbox. You are up and running within minutes. For a small monthly fee, we store submitted forms in a database for you until you visit our server to pick them up.
Features and benefits
SpreadsheetConverter is the perfect tool for creating calculating web forms and web pages that attract attention.
- It's easy even for non-programmers: SpreadsheetConverter turns your business users' Microsoft Excel spreadsheets into scalable Java/J2EE applications.
- The formulas are protected: All calculations are done on the server, so your formulas are totally hidden from the user.
- It's so easy to change: Just change the spreadsheet and re-run the conversion to regenerate the Javabean.
- Everything is live and interacting with your visitors: The calculator or form updates dynamically when values are changed. Even the charts are live! Use calendars to select dates, stars to set ratings and sliders to vary data in real-time. Create forms with dropdown menus, checkboxes, radio buttons, large text fields, list boxes in a breeze. Design step-by-step wizards for complex forms.
- It looks so good on the web: Normally, it takes a lot of time to make a web page look this well-designed. With Excel you just format the page the way you like. SpreadsheetConverter creates a web page that looks the same: borders, colors, fonts, checkboxes, dropdown lists etc work as they should, and numbers are formatted on the fly with decimals, thousand separators and currency symbols. Play with new layouts inside Excel before you convert them to web format, which saves lots of time (besides being lots of fun).
- Automatic form-to-Inbox delivery: When users submit completed forms, SpreadsheetConverter delivers them directly to your e-mail Inbox. For a small fee, forms can be saved in a database for later retrieval, thanks to a hosted service that requires no local installation or server.
- It's so easy to change: Business rules frequently change, e.g. new prices, new discount options, new regulations etc. With hand-crafted web pages it's hard to keep up with the frequent changes. With SpreadsheetConverter, you just change the spreadsheet, and regenerate the web page.
- You get the source code: The Java server code is nicely formatted and completely self-contained. There are no library files or other external requirements.
- There are no errors: The calculator doesn't need any testing, since thousands of users already have tested our calculation engine.
- It's cost-effective: You need the SpreadsheetConverter program only when you perform the actual conversion from spreadsheet to web page format. You need one license for each PC on which you install the program to perform such conversions.
- Excel isn't needed: Once the web page is created, Excel is not required. Your web server doesn't need Excel, and your users don't need Excel. Even if Excel is all around, not all employees have it, and private persons seldom have it.
- It's free to distribute: With the Professional Edition, you can make the calculator part of a product that you sell.
- You take no risk: Every purchase comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and six months of free e-mail support.
SpreadsheetConverter makes Java and JSP developers more productive
Using the product you can create the following three types of output:
- A JSP page + Java Bean where all the calculations are done on the server by the Java Bean. [Reformatting on client]
- Just a Java Bean, that can be used inside any Java-program.
- A self-contained webpage. [Calculation + formatting on client]
- Good-looking calculating JSP-page from Excel. Separate JavaBeans with full source.
- The JSP-page with the JavaBeans can be used inside any JSP-enabled web server, for example Tomcat, or J2EE-server like IBM WebSphere, Bea WebLogic or JBoss.
- Built-in edit-debug-compile-test cycle for Tomcat. Generate and test within one minute.
- The JavaBeans can be used in any Java-project.
- All calculations are done on the server, your formulas are totally hidden from the user.
- Advanced analysis makes generated code very efficient, no unnecessary boxing-unboxing, and all unneeded formulas are ignored.
- JSP-pages work both on Windows and *unix
- Covers 165 functions of Excel. Currently all but a few advanced financial and statistical functions are supported.
SpreadsheetConverter delivers the best value
Only SpreadsheetConverter Java/JSP generates full source code. No JAR-files with proprietary software. This makes the generated code easy to extend and maintain.
Only SpreadsheetConverter has royalty-free distribution. No extra per-server fees.
Fast calculation with prefabricated components
Creating a calculating web page like an expense report or order form online can be very difficult. Programming, testing and debugging takes a lot of time even for a specialist. Most online calculators do all their calculation on the web server, which can make the web page slow because of all the network communication with the server.
With SpreadsheetConverter, all your spreadsheet formulas are automatically converted into program code by SpreadsheetConverter, using prefabricated components that have been meticulously tested. The conversion to web format retains the interactivity that is typical of a spreadsheet, and the entire visual layout is carried over to the web page.
SpreadsheetConverter can also generate HTML5 web applications for iPhone and Android smartphones. This makes it easy to collect data with mobile devices, select or configure products or do spreadsheet calculations in a smartphone.
For developers, there are special server products that also can generate program code for ASP.NET and classic ASP web servers. This makes it much easier to add back-end integration, for example for saving and restoring values to a database. Communication with the server is minimal and the web calculator updates itself quietly in the background while the user is busy entering data into another cell.
The new version 6 provides a new user interface that lets you work faster and more reliably. Power users move ahead up to four times faster, while new users get much more help and overview. You can use two or more flavors of the product simultaneously, and publish your results directly on the Internet on a free web server.
We guarantee the best support. 6 months of e-mail support is included in the price for all products. We promise answers by the next business day, but within an hour is our goal.
We first released SpreadsheetConverter in 2002, and have added more and more value to the product in many releases since then. Our update policy gives you free updates within the same major version, e.g. if you have a version 5 license you get all version 5.x updates for free.
If you buy a license, and we release a new version within six months, you get a complimentary upgrade to the new version free-of-charge.
Low cost, no risk
SpreadsheetConverter to java only costs $149 per installation. Most customers only need a single license.
If your personnel costs are $70/hour, using SpreadsheetConverter once for a single spreadsheet is enough to motivate the purchase.
SpreadsheetConverter is easy to use. You will be creating your first web form within minutes. No time-consuming training is necessary.There is no risk, you're safely protected by our 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, just send us an e-mail, and we will cancel your purchase and refund the money.
Let us convert a spreadsheet for you, right now!
Let us convert one of your Excel spreadsheets to a live web form or calculating web page. Just e-mail us one of your spreadsheets now and we'll do it for you. It's so simple, we'll even do it for free! Once you see the impressive result, you'll want to download the program and try for yourself.
Download and try the program for free for 30 days
No license is needed to test the program, just download the trial version and install it on your computer. We recommend that you start with SpreadsheetConverter to HTML. If you buy a license for one flavor and later want to upgrade to a more advanced flavor, you only pay the price difference.
Web pages generated by SpreadsheetConverter to Java require a web server capable of supporting JSP pages and Java Beans, e.g. the Tomcat server from the Apache Foundation.
When you install SpreadsheetConverter to Java, you should also install the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, Software Development Toolkit (J2SE SDK) version 1.3.1 or later on the same PC. The J2SE SDK is provided by Sun Microsystems.
For an overview of the various flavors of SpreadsheetConverter and their technical requirements, please study the product comparison chart.